10 signs of heart disease
In general, the human body gives small symptoms to prevent many big problems. The main thing is not to ignore these signs. It is especially important not to neglect the health of the elderly, as well as overweight people, people with diabetes and hypertension, or people with high cholesterol. The truth is that we often do not pay attention when we give a heart attack. However, here is a list of 10 symptoms of heart disease that you may not notice.
1. Chest pain. According to experts, chest pain is the most common. It is impossible to describe it precisely. This is because some people have a slight chest pain, while others have a pinching or squeezing pain. If such sensations occur, an ultrasound or cardiogram of the heart should be performed. In case of severe pain lasting more than a few minutes, it is recommended to call an ambulance.
2. Loss of appetite, nausea, stomach pain or heaviness. Of course, digestive problems can be caused by many factors that have nothing to do with the heart. One of them is to see a doctor if you have symptoms of nausea or chest discomfort for no apparent reason. This is because low blood flow is a sign of poor heart function.
3. Pain in the teeth or lower jaw. Tooth decay, jaw pain, pain from a cold. However, pain in the lower jaw and teeth are symptoms of heart disease. Bacteria in the mouth can enter the bloodstream and cause inflammation in the arteries. This in turn leads to heart disease. If your teeth are constantly worried for no reason, you should see a cardiologist.
4. Pain in the hands and feet. Pain in your left shoulder, or both arms at once, is one of the less obvious signs of heart disease. If you do not get a blow or injury to these parts of the body in the near future, it is better to see a specialist. Because pain in the arteries of the legs is a sign of peripheral vascular disease. That is, if there is a problem with the arteries of the legs, it is necessary to check the heart.
5. Sweating. It releases enough adrenaline into the bloodstream and speeds up the heartbeat, and the arteries work three times harder, which can lead to heavy sweating. This is not scary in itself. However, if you experience pain with obvious weakness, it is better to see a doctor. Unexplained sweating is a signal of cardiac arrhythmias.
6. Fatigue is a common symptom of many diseases. Excessive fatigue is a symptom of heart disease, such as myocardial infarction. If you get tired quickly during exercise, and this condition persists for several days, it is advisable to see a cardiologist. This is because a weakened heart cannot provide full blood circulation, and as a result, the body begins to feel a lack of nutrients and oxygen.
7. Fainting or blindness. Darkening of the eyes, decreased visual acuity can be due to various reasons. The most common cause is a sudden drop in blood pressure, which leads to a lack of oxygen to the brain. It can also be caused by fainting and damage to the heart muscle or heart valves.
8. Loud snoring. Snoring is a common occurrence in sleep. Snoring is really dangerous to human health. This is because snoring can cause shortness of breath. This is called apnea in medicine. That is, due to lack of oxygen, a person suffers from diseases such as heart attacks and strokes. Therefore, snoring should not be considered a mere habit but should be treated in a timely manner.
9. Shortness of breath for no reason. Difficulty breathing is the first sign of low oxygen in the blood. Often the cause is physical activity. Lack of oxygen can be caused by poor blood circulation, which in turn can lead to heart failure.
10. Prolonged cough. In most cases, the cough is caused by a cold. If the cough does not go away within a few weeks, see a doctor. This is because prolonged coughing can complicate allergies or bronchitis. However, in some cases it is a sign of heart disease. As a sign of a cough in the heart is the release of pink or pale mucus.
10 foods that are good for the heart
A carefree, healthy heart is the key to a full life. It doesn't take much to get rid of bad habits, get more exercise and use heart-healthy products. To keep your heart healthy, you need to pay attention to your diet. Because proper and healthy nutrition is important for the heart. In this regard, cardiologist Malomanova Nazira decided to share 10 foods that are good for the heart and vascular system.
1. Nuts. Almonds, peanuts, walnuts and unsalted pistachios are good for the heart because they are rich in vitamin E. It lowers unwanted cholesterol levels in the blood and strengthens blood vessel walls. And walnuts contain high levels of omega-3, which improves the functioning of the cardiovascular system, strengthens joints and immunity. It also promotes slow skin aging. Studies show that just 30 grams of nuts a day reduces the risk of death from cardiovascular disease by 20%.
2. Dried apricots. Due to the fact that it contains vitamins A and B, dried apricots have a high place in the ranking of heart-healthy foods. Apricots are rich in iron, potassium and magnesium. It helps increase hemoglobin and strengthen the nervous system. It should be noted that people with low hypotension should be careful, because it lowers blood pressure. Experts say that it is safe to use 100 grams of dried apricots daily.
3. Oats. Oatmeal is one of the healthiest and most nutritious foods for breakfast. It provides energy to the human body, helps to lose weight, prevents diabetes and improves heart health. Oatmeal contains soluble fiber, which absorbs and eliminates unnecessary cholesterol from the body.
4. Avocado. Fruit has many beneficial properties for the human body. It improves metabolism and is rich in vitamins that prevent cancer. Avocado not only strengthens the heart, but also normalizes blood pressure. It is also high in potassium, which helps the kidneys to function better.
5. Red peas. Contains magnesium, potassium, folate and other beneficial trace elements. It is also a natural protection for the heart and blood vessels - the whole body. Beans help lower blood sugar and reduce the risk of diabetes.
6. Olive oil. Olive oil is a natural remedy for cardiovascular diseases, especially heart attacks and strokes, as well as cancer. In addition, scientists say that the oleic acid in olive oil prevents cancer cells. Accordingly, in particular, it reduces the risk of developing cancer, breast cancer in women.
7. Pomegranate. This is a very useful fruit. It is rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, E, C, as well as trace elements such as potassium, iron, selenium and manganese. Most importantly, it is rich in antioxidants and polyphenols that have anti-inflammatory, carcinogenic and immunostimulatory functions in the body. Pomegranate juice is useful for people with heart disease and improves blood circulation. Iron in the fruit helps with anemia and prevents the development of iron deficiency. It also affects a person's general condition and mood.
8. Fish. The fats in fish help the heart to function normally. Salmon, tuna, mackerel and seafood have everything you need to nourish your heart muscle. These products contain many useful omega-3 fatty acids, which prevent the risk of cardiovascular failure and help maintain a heart rhythm.
9. Apple. Due to the high content of vitamin C in apples, blood vessels become stronger and their permeability to harmful microbes decreases. Apples are the most powerful blood purifier, natural and painless, if the blood is clean, the heart uses less energy to cleanse the blood.
10. Garlic - not only helps to fight colds and flu, but also helps prevent the development of cardiomyopathy, which is common among people with diabetes. It also has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, normalizes blood pressure and lowers cholesterol levels.